Friday, May 16, 2008

Head's Up on Another Rossellini on Cable

I can't seem to find it in my archives, but I'm sure I posted a head's-up regarding the availability of Roberto Rossellini's rather obscure Era Notte a Roma on TimeWarner Cable's "International Movies on Demand." In fact, the film is still available and will continue to be into July. I got another surprise along the same lines a few minutes ago, when I discovered that they are now also offering Rossellini's Anima Nera, which I have barely even heard of. It stars Vittorio Gassman, a highly unlikely actor for Rossellini, so if nothing else that pairing should be of interest. I have no idea what is going on with this on-demand channel, but I'm almost giddy with delight.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...