Saturday, November 08, 2008

And So Back to -- And So Back to -- And So Back to . . .

I love modern technology. I love blogging. And I love my new computer.
But for reasons I have yet to fathom -- believe me, I'm working on it -- I have been unable to post to this blog for three days. And I have been trying very hard.

Since Wednesday evening, dammit.

Well, I finally gave up and am posting from an ancient laptop. Better late than never, right?
At any rate, I will figure out where the problem lies and fix it.

And so, back to work.

Another busy week for your humble servant. My review of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas and a piece on the Other Israel Film Festival are available on the Jewish Week website (but do to circumstances beyond my control and comprehension and despite all my best efforts, the are reversed, so if you click on the first, you'll be taken to the second, and vice versa).

I don't usually mention my music pieces, but the profile of Walter Arlen, the retired music critic of the Los Angeles Times and a composer and emigre who left Austria after the Anschluss, is a particularly interesting story, I think. Like I've said before, there are much worse things that can happen to an artist besides commercial or critical failure or even censorship. Or as George Bernard Shaw so elegantly put it, "Assassination is the sincerest form of flattery."

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...