Thursday, February 07, 2008

Don't Go Away Yet

I know, I've been derelict in my duties to my readers and to all those nice people who invite me to screenings and send me screeners. Okay, I'm sorry. Very, very sorry. (Don't say it.)

At any rate, the Museum of Modern Art is embarking on their annual Documentary Fortnight shortly and you can find my review of two of the films from that series here. Some very interesting films on offer, by the way.

The 12th Annual New York Sephardic Jewish Film Festival kicks off tonight and that is worthy of note simply because as the festival has grown, the quality of the films has done likewise. There are several notable items this year, and you can find my review here.

For everyone except the Ira voters, 2007 is over. Senses of Cinema has compiled their annual poll of critics and filmmakers and it's online at their website. if nothing else, this multinational gathering proves again how quirky global distribution has become. Sokurov's Alexandra, which is a real return to form for him, is on several people's lists. It would be on mine too, except it isn't opening here until the end of March. Go figure.

Tomorrow, hopefully, I'll be back in the saddle again (out where a friend is a friend, where the lonesome tumbleweed . . . oh, skip it), and play a little catch-up on recent releases.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...