Monday, November 20, 2006

A quick reminder

If it has always been your life's ambition to see me in person . . . you need to do something more interesting with your life.

However, if you still have a yen to tell what you think of me to my face, you will have an excellent opportunity on December 4, two weeks from today, when I am appearing at the Barnes & Noble store at 82nd St. and Broadway in Manhattan at 7 p.m.

According to the listing on one of the many free-events lists for NYC, "Robinson summarizes all 54 portions that make up the Torah and gives us a brilliant distillation of 2000 years of biblical commentaries." Wow! I can't wait to hear that myself! But I guess that means we'll be there for a few weeks.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"If it has always been your life's ambition to see me in person . . . "

Well George, I've been seeing you for 33 years, so that ambition has been met. But I will add that it's been a privilege and an honor, and you've been one of the great intellectual influences on my life.

This is one Catholic Boy who is loves your writing on Judaism (and, hell, I knew you in your agnostic days).

I am so thrilled with your success. It is so well deserved, my dear friend.

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...