Saturday, September 29, 2007

New York Film Festival and Such

It has been a truly insane couple of weeks -- between Jewish holidays, work, minor aches and pains and the like, I actually only got to one film at the press screenings for the NYFF all this week, although I certainly picked the right one to see, Bela Tarr's hypnotic, slow-motion noir, The Man From London. I'll have more to say about that and several other NYFF entries in a day or two. For my Jewish Week reviews of the new Lumet (feh) and a delightful new film from Ira Sachs (40 Shades of Blue), go here. That ought to keep you occupied for a few minutes at least.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...