Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Anything but Turkey for the Holiday

Hey, drag yourself over to Film Forum, if you're in NYC, 'cause their Carole Lombard festival is about to hit its final high point with Lombard's last film, Ernst Lubitsch's To Be Or Not To Be. As you may well expect, I had a few things to say about this gem in Jewish Week. So after you have polished off that large bird -- Franklin thought that the turkey should have been he nationsl bird, you know -- you can spend at least part of the weekend with something that's definitely not a turkey. (Sorry, I can't help myself.)

Okay, now that I've gotten that out of my system (we're having chicken -- Margo doesn't like turkey and she's doing the cooking so it's dealer's choice), let me refer back to a recent posting for a moment. Back on the 14th I was talking about Arnaud Desplechin and his new film A Christmas Tale, and I neglected to mention that the IFC Center, where that movie is playing, also was doing a retrospective of the director's previous work. My bad. However, you are not too late to catch one more special event around the new film; on Sunday, November 30 at 12:30 p.m., the IFC Center will be hosting the latest in its series of iQ&A programs, conversations with important filmmakers and actors through the wonders of Apple's iChat AV system. Needless to say, the featured transatlantic guests, live from Paris, on Sunday will be Desplechin and actors Mathieu Amalric and Chiara Mastroianni. Should be an intersting afternoon.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...