Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Given That No One Sees to Have Won the Israeli Election. . . .

This might be an opportune time for Israel's first-ever Oscar winner. Especially given that the film in question, Waltz with Bashir, is a loud and clear anti-war statement and the primary gain in the election seems to have accrued to the crude and vicious Avigdor Lieberman, this would be a nice message for the arts community to be sending.

I'm sure it's a message that Ari Folman, the film's director, would approve. I woke him out of a sound sleep to get an interview last week, and I figure I owe him at least this much of an apology. Besides, the film is terrific. You can find the interview here.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...