Wednesday, May 06, 2009

He's Baaaaaaack!

I thought I was incubating some low-grade infection when I took a brief hiatus from blogging.

Some brief hiatus. Three months. Yeah, well. I wasn't actually sick all that time (thank God), just sort of hibernating.

I can’t even explain the long, long silence, although if you are a regular reader of Jewish Week, you know I’ve been anything but silent. It’s not even that I’ve been so preoccupied with paying work – or the lack thereof – that I couldn’t find the time for the blog(s). I suppose it’s a case of the cobbler’s barefoot offspring. Consider this some kind of an apology. The half-assed kind.

I haven't even seen all that many movies. However, allow me to draw your attention to three recent pieces from Jewish Week: my Tribeca review (yeah, I know, the festival is over, but the movies are still around); my review of Eran Riklis's Lemon Tree, a not uninteresting film distinguished by a fantastic performance by Hiam Abbas; and a review of a new documentary about the Jews of France that is enjoying a theatrical run at the Walter Reade Theatre.

And maybe, just maybe, I can get off my butt and post something of interest here. I have to admit that the temptation to just give up after two-plus years was strong, but the comment that was left on the February 11 posting really made me feel a responsibility to continue. Thank you to everyone who actually reads this blog. I'll try to be a bit more diligent in the coming months.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...