Friday, February 05, 2010

A Busy Fortnight

Well, we've been a busy boy lately. Lots of Jewish-themed goodies in town, so you can find me all over the place at Jewish Week. This year's Oscar-nom Israeli-Palestinian film Ajami is definitely worth a look; my review is here. The 14th annual New York Sephardic Jewish Film Festival has a strong slate of documentaries. And Anthology Film Archives has resurrected the rarely shown Susan Sontag docu about Israel, Promised Lands. In some ways, the last is the most interesting, for reasons I note in my review.

Then there's the rest of the film world. As usual, I'll skip anything that has Luc Besson's name attached to it, but the Red Riding trilogy is quite an interesting experiment, rewarding in all sorts of ways that I'll talk about later today.

No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...