Friday, July 01, 2011

Sitting in the Docs by the Bay

An interesting weekend for documentaries, with all three of the films I covered for Jewish Week falling into that slot. One, Crime After Crime, is exemplary and highly recommended. I chatted with the director and one of the central figure and you can read that here.

The other two, Between Two Worlds and Love Etc. are rather less thrilling, as you can read here.

I haven't had a chance to visit the new screens at Lincoln Center, but my inbox has filled rapidly with exciting goodies enjoying theatrical runs at the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center. Given my usual gravitation towards the difficult, abstruse and downright perverse, I'm delighted to have yet another screen dedicated to independent film from around the globe. Where else could you have a theatrical run of Raul Ruiz's 257-minute Mysteries of Lisbon? I'm soooooo psyched!!!


No comments:

This blog no longer exists

 As you can probably tell, I have been too busy (and/or too porrly motivated) to continue Cine-Journal. The final straw was that some genius...